Doctors and patients should be wary of the aggressive marketing used by testosterone manufacturers.
Testosterone Prescription Side Effects Lawsuit
The results of two separate studies have forced the FDA to investigate the risks surrounding testosterone products. If you or a loved one were hurt from a testosterone medication then compensation may be available!
To participate in this lawsuit you must meet the following requirements:
- you must have taken Androgel, Axiron, Androderm, Fortesta, Testim, Testopel, Depo Testosterone, Bio-T-Gel, Delatestryl or Striant.
- you must have suffered from a deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a heart attack, a pulmonary embolism (PE), a stroke, cardiac arrest or be representing someone who died.
- you must not have had any prior cardiac events.
- you must be under 65 years of age.
The legal action against testosterone products is structured as a mass tort lawsuit (learn why that’s important to you). Unlike class action lawsuits, a mass tort lawsuit treats each claimant (victim) as an individual. What this means to you is that a separate, individual lawsuit against the manufacturer is filed upon your behalf. It is worth noting that settlements in these cases often result in large sums of money being awarded to the claimant; the majority going to you and a much lesser amount to the attorney. Also there is NEVER any upfront payment to the attorney or any out-of-pocket expenses for which you are responsible.
[button link=”http://www.attorneyatlaw.com/testosterone/index.php?cid=244&afid=34&usid=testosterone-side-effects-settlements-2&sid=cr2014″ size=”medium” style=”default” target=”_blank”]Click Here for a Free, No Obligation Case Evaluation[/button]
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
In males, testosterone is the main hormone responsible for the proper development of their male characteristics. Produced by the testicles, the hormone is necessary for males in order to maintain their overall sense of well-being, affecting things like red blood cells levels, muscle bulk, reproductive and sexual functions and bone density in their body. If the production of testosterones in the body is disturbed, it often leads to erectile dysfunction in males. To counter this condition, testosterone replacement therapy is usually the most suggested treatment.
What This Therapy Encompasses
Usually, there are three different options available for testosterone replacement therapy. Each can work well for patients, considering their level of deficiency. These methods are:
- Intramuscular injections given after every few weeks
- Testosterone gels applied to the upper body and abdomen. AndroGel, is being overrun by lawsuits.
- Testosterone patches that can be worn on the body on daily basis
- A new tesotsterone nasal spray that has both positives and side effects
All of these therapy options can provide an adequate amount of testosterone hormones in the body, improving their levels. Aside from these methods, there are no other oral medications found for this purpose. Even those that are available have been known for causing liver abnormalities. However, all of these methods do have some common side-effects associated with them, such as rashes, itches or higher red blood count than normal, and some not-so-common and serious side effects such as heart attack and death.
How Testosterone Replacement Therapy Can Harm You
Although the actual long-term side-effects of this therapy are not clear due to the lack of clinical evidence, there are some reported incidents which indicate that this therapy can worsen the following medical conditions:
- Congestive Heart Failure – Testosterone replacement therapy is known to increase the risk of congestive heart failure in men, making it a risky treatment for those who already have heart conditions.
- Increased Red Blood Count – If you are taking intramuscular injections, the red blood cells count in your body will increase, making your blood thicker and more prone to the formation of blood clots. This can lead to other cardiovascular and blood conditions that can turn dangerous or even fatal.
- Prostate Cancer – Higher testosterone levels in the body are known to stimulate prostate growth, anyone going through testosterone replacement therapy should go through a screening test for prostate cancer. If you already have this condition, you should stay away from this therapy.
- Sleep Apnea – Going through testosterone replacement therapy can also worsen sleep apnea. While this might be difficult to detect on your own, your sleeping partner can tell you whether or not you have developed this problem.
If you have been advised to go for testosterone replacement therapy only for you or your loved one to suffer from serious side-effects, it is vital that you take corrective legal action to ensure that the culprit does not go without being punished. In addition, filing a claim will ensure that you are compensated for the pain, suffering and loss you have been subjected to. Especially if you are required to pay additional medical bills, a legal claim for compensation is something you should seriously consider.
If you or a loved one suffered a cardiac injury, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or death while taking a testosterone medication, click here!
For other legal settlements involving prescription drug side effects, as well as other lawsuits, click here.
Comments are closed